Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Experience at Cedar Falls


If you've never been to Petit Jean Arkansas, then I suggest coming here sometime. Whether it's for a vacation, or just a weekend getaway, this is a fun place to go. And there is all kinds of stuff to do, hiking, fishing, site seeing, etc. This picture was taken at the Cedar Falls trail. Although this isn't the best time to come, and by that I mean during the dead of winter. But nonetheless it was an exciting adventure to say the least.


As you can see, the weather was not that warm. But in spite of the cold weather, the winding downhill trail to the stream, and the adventurous hike to the waterfall, I had a lot of fun.


This was taken, standing on a bridge that overlooks the stream that leads to the water fall. I'm not sure how deep it was by the bridge, but the way the weather was you didn't want to fall in for sure.


There are so many things to look at on your way to the waterfall. This was one of trees I found toppled over, there was another one before I got to the bridge, but I regrettably didn't capture it on camera. So many rocks! That's one thing you'll see plenty of here at Petit Jean. Some are big, and some are so enormous you can climb on them.


The stream here was just beautiful. I mean the natural disorder of the rocks, and the stream rushing over them really was a sight to see. I'd like to come here again, and take some more pictures when the weather is a lot nicer. Cause even at this time of the year it looked really nice.


This waterfall is beautiful. The picture really doesn't do the justice, I mean the sound of it all was awesome. I think there may be a way to actually get behind the waterfall, but I'm not exactly sure how to get there. Nevertheless it was an amazing time, something that I won't forget any time soon. The hardest part about the trip was the uphill climb to get back to the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment