Friday, May 6, 2011

Ronald Reagan Task Force Medal


It's not everyday someone asks me to sell something for them on ebay. A former co-worker of mine told me about a task force medal that he found at a flea market if my memory serves me correctly. We got together after work out in the parking lot, he brought the medal out to me, and handed me a sheet of a similar looking one that had sold on another auction website. I'll admit I was excited at first...that was until I looked the item up on ebay.


I'm not 100% sure whether or not the medal was counterfeit. One thing was for sure; there were different kinds of finish on the ones that were listed on ebay. One kind of resembled the one he had given me to sell, but then there were some that, well, just looked more genuine.


This one stood out and looked less genuine in my opinion. I mean it looked as if someone had gone over the coin with some spray paint. Because the coin still had a hefty weight, but it didn't look like the real deal. And another thing is, these medals aren't selling like hotcakes either. And my biggest concern with this sell was that I would actually be losing money instead of making it. We were going to go 50/50 on the profits, but judging from the looks of things there more than likely wouldn't have been a profit. So I ended up giving the medal back to him. But, yeah, I still wonder if it was a real medal or not. And to actually hold something in my hand that had such historical value was definitely exciting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment